TT ring gear

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: TT ring gear
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike bartlett Oviedo,Fl on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 07:15 pm:

Can someone post a photo of a TT ring gear? I'm interested if the one I have is badly worn or is somewhat normal and useable. Thanks for any help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 09:15 pm:

Worm (ring) gear of the TT

TT axle and gear

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 10:31 pm:

Dan,

The drawing you posted and the book TT1 (Price List Chassis and Body Parts Model T One Ton Truck) clearly show 8 bolts that fasten the ring gear and the two differential case halves together. The unit in your photo seems to have 12. Is that a TT unit? If so, why the difference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 10:56 pm:

The Drawing is a Model T Truck Rear end.

The first Picture is out of a Fordson Tractor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike bartlett Oviedo,Fl on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 07:59 am:

regardless of # of bolts, both are good. It is the pattern of the teeth that I really needed. Thanks again,Mike B

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration