Rocky Mtn brake lining

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Rocky Mtn brake lining
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 10:09 am:

Anyone know of a vendor selling lining for RM brakes? I drove the coupe to work this morning and noticed right rear shoes not riveted in place and a section missing!! What the ---??? Stops as well as ever but can't leave it like that. Can't imagine what happened or how long its been that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 10:18 am:

McMaster Carr sells woven brake lining.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 10:23 am:

Here's an older thread on the subject: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/264053.html?1328192954

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 11:23 am:

John, Roger's attachment is a good lead. As stated there by me " The R.M. company charges three to four times that of a brake re-lining company but the woven lining you get at brakes lining shops will squeal".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 12:21 pm:

Thanks all--I'll check Mc Master.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 12:58 pm:

Some older trucks use a woven lining on a brake drum mounted on the drive shaft much like older Chrysler products of the 30's through 40's.

Go to a truck brake specialty shop because they have the product in stock and they will bond them for you. I paid $60 including parts and labor.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration