Yesterday there was a car show at a geriatric hospital about 15 miles from here. One of my T's is in the shop with the engine out, so I decided to take the 26 roadster. Thursday I took it out and got some gas. When I was on the way home all of a sudden the engine quit. I was right in the most heavily traveled location in town. The freeway overpass. Then I noticed that the switch was still on battery. I quickly turned the key to magneto and it started running again (the car was still moving when I did this). I didn't think any more about this after I got home. I washed the car and got it all ready to go Friday.
Friday morning came and I gave myself one hour to get to the destination. That would have been plenty of time except that the engine wouldn't start. Then I noticed the coils were not buzzing. I tried the headlights, no lights. But the starter and horn worked? Anyway, I had a loose wire behind the ammeter. It was just loose enough that during the 20 years since I had rewired the car, the wire connectors had corroded just enough to make a bad connection.
By the time I found out what was wrong, it was too late to go to the show. Fortunately, the generator still charges so no permanent damage. Only damage was that I wasted a car wash.