Neutral

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Neutral
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John B Joyce on Friday, May 24, 2013 - 11:45 am:

I have a lot of neutral on my barnyard cruiser put together from junk. should I tighten the low speed band some more or adjust the the linage on the emergency brake?. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, May 24, 2013 - 12:12 pm:

If you mean the rods, no. They have no effect on the clutch. If you mean the adjustable bolt that rides on the cam of the brake lever shaft, you want the clutch either on or off, not riding (slipping) in between. That bolt should be adjusted so the lever straight up gives full neutral. It just applies or releases the clutch. See Page 246 in the Ford bible for instructions (with pictures) on adjusting the clutch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John B Joyce on Friday, May 24, 2013 - 02:12 pm:

Steve, I meant the bolt that rides on the cam. Thanks for advice. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, May 24, 2013 - 10:55 pm:

Often the link between the clutch pedal and the clutch arm is worn to the point that it is impossible to adjust the clutch properly. I've made several longer L - fittings to compensate for the worn parts on Model T's over the years. This makes it possible to properly adjust the clutch even with worn clevis and clutch arms. Just make one about 1/2" longer than the original.

To start with try adjusting the clutch as per the Ford shop manual.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John B Joyce on Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 11:25 am:

Thank you all. John

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration