Some times you luck out.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Some times you luck out.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 09:44 pm:

Finally got the time to try starting the speedster after it setting the winter. Checked the oil, OK. Checked the gas, oops I hadn't drained the tank. Went to turn on the gas valve and found it was on. Must have really been distracted when I put it away. Any way, what the hey, turned on the ignition, pulled the choke, hit the starter and it fired on about the third compression. Ran a little rough at first but soon smoothed out. Nice to have a little good luck for a change.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 11:14 am:

You're very fortunate Gary. It (unleaded gas) hadn't turned to varnish over the course of several months.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 12:15 pm:

Glad you checked the oil. Last time I did this with a bike, my crankcase had filled with the gas. I've had a snowblower do this too, don't know if a T will have this issue, though.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration