Calcium Carbide

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Calcium Carbide
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini on Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 10:37 am:

I bought some at Hershey last year and am running out. Any suggestions on where I can get some calcium carbide rocks for use in my generator?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 10:56 am:

Info from post earlier this year

By Erik Johnson on Friday, March 29, 2013 - 10:04 pm:

http://www.karstsports.com/mingradcalca.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=a dwords&id=18283950120&utm_content=pla

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson on Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 11:00 am:

http://non-electric.lehmans.com/search#w=calcium%20carbide

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 03:59 pm:

It is an off the shelf item at Lehman's Hardware. If you are in east central Ohio you can pick some up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker on Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 04:42 pm:

There's always good ol' tBay. That's where I pick up mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 07:16 pm:

Go to your local High School. Make nice to the Chemistry teacher or the Science Dept Head and explain why you want CaC2. Better yet, go in you T and show them. I'm sure they will help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 09:59 pm:

Go to an industrial welding supply such as "Airgas" that fills and rents Oxygen, Actylene, Propane and CO2 cylinders to industrial businesses. Calcium Carbide is used in the acetylene cylinders to make acetylene gas and they keep a lot of it on hand for this purpose for they have hundreds of cylinders to recharge as they come in from businesses. Drive your Model T and explain what it will be used for and show them. They should love the show and be more than happy to help you. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 12:58 am:

My local Army, Navy, Surplus store has 1 lb cans in stock. As a result I have a life time supply of 5 or 6 cans in stock. Look around. You should be able to find it locally without paying large sums for shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 05:58 am:

Jim-great idea, l' will try that next week, its hard to get here now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 06:07 am:

When it comes to carbide, don't buy to much at a time as it will degrade even in a sealed can. Once it goes to powder it is worthless. KB

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration