Length of Model A head bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Length of Model A head bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 10:04 pm:

What are the lengths of the two different length head bolt studs used on a Model A? I have a four valve Rajo that I want to mount using head bolt studs and nuts, instead of T head bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 10:37 pm:

From Snyder's catalog:
http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/modelaparts/motorparts-1?page=2
"Regular short studs: 3-15/32". Long outlet studs: 5-23/32". Both are 7/16-14 - 7/16 - 20 threads."
Then there are slightly longer ignition clamp studs..

ignition cable studs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave DeYoung on Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 10:39 pm:

Be sure you have clearance at the firewall before you decide to go with studs. I know that none of the T's I've worked on will allow the head to be removed while in the car with studs.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration