Rear spring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Rear spring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe raab on Friday, June 07, 2013 - 12:15 pm:

Is the '26-'27 rear spring different from the earlier springs? I want to take out the small drum rear end and replace it with a bigger '26-'27 so do I need to change the spring too, or is it the same size? I notice that the spring perches are different and I don't know if I have a '26 spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims on Friday, June 07, 2013 - 01:13 pm:

The springs are different ,but you will not need to change anything to use the large drum rear end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Bright on Friday, June 07, 2013 - 01:16 pm:

x2 on what Jim says!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave DeYoung on Friday, June 07, 2013 - 06:18 pm:

The only difference was the number of leafs used. They all used the same main leaf.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 09:53 am:

26 springs are the same as the earlier ones. If you have a sedan, or a pickup, the rear spring will have 9 leafs.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration