Ot early North Carolina license tag/plate

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Ot early North Carolina license tag/plate
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 11:20 pm:

It is my understanding that early North Carolina license plates were made of Leather and had a state authorized number attached. I also understand that very early tags were like medallions that were attached to leather. I have one and would like to talk to someone with knowledge as to rarity and value.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Deron Shady on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 12:06 am:

I sent you a PM.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 10:36 am:

My wife bought this for us at an auction a week ago Saturday. It looks unbelievably good.

Is there a way to tell if it's authentic?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 10:51 am:

There is another 1914 North Carolina plate on Ebay now. The description indicates the plate was a reproduction from about 30 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 11:19 am:

This site has photos of real 1914 NC plates.

http://www.plateshack.com/northcarolina/northcarolina6.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 11:28 am:

Thank you, Thomas and Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 03:36 pm:

From what I can tell, the tag/disk with a number on it was issued by North Carolina prior to 1913. The tag/disk was to be put on a piece of leather and then attached to the car. That is all I know. I would like to have someone give me a little more info on it and of course I would like to know the approximate value. Thanks Dick C.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration