NOS 1926-27 transmission brake drum - need opinions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: NOS 1926-27 transmission brake drum - need opinions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, June 21, 2013 - 11:01 pm:

I have a new old stock 1926-27 transmission brake drum that my dad picked up at a Ford dealership around 1950.

There is a small void in the casting on the interior side of the drum. See photos below.

My opinion is that the void is not detrimental and the drum can be installed and safely used without any concerns.

Does anyone have a different opinion?

Thank you for your feedback.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Friday, June 21, 2013 - 11:08 pm:

I don't think it will pose a problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, June 21, 2013 - 11:24 pm:

Use it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, June 21, 2013 - 11:32 pm:

Does it balance OK?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, June 21, 2013 - 11:42 pm:

I plan on selling it so I'll let the next guy worry about balance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Friday, June 21, 2013 - 11:52 pm:

I paid $500 for my re-pop. I purchased five barn fresh transmissions and got 15 bad drums. Typical problems were cracks in the six threaded mounting bolt holes as shown.

drum

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration