My engine progress from a first timer!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: My engine progress from a first timer!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Kuhn on Monday, June 24, 2013 - 08:11 pm:

Here is this winters work progress, getting close to going into the chassis!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, June 24, 2013 - 08:22 pm:

That is great looking! Nice work. Gonna be quite a car I'm sure. Which body style are you working on?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Kuhn on Monday, June 24, 2013 - 08:31 pm:

Thanks Dave, it's a Roadster body, made by Beaudette body co. It was built May 4,1920. Cast running board brackets, round gas tank, the 2 year only headlights with 2 bulbs, Kelsey 88 demountable wheels. Have most all of the correct parts for it, not a purist restoration, but I did the work and made it for me. Been lot of fun so far! All done here at home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, June 24, 2013 - 08:41 pm:

If it runs as well as it looks, that's going to be one swell ride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Kuhn on Monday, June 24, 2013 - 08:46 pm:

Thanks Steve,looking at your posts and all the work you do motivates me to get this done!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Hycner on Monday, June 24, 2013 - 08:47 pm:

Looks great....Keep the pictures coming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Monday, June 24, 2013 - 08:56 pm:

Lovely work Thomas. It's along time since I have had one look that good.
Just one thing. I have seen suggestions that the cover on the hogs head needs to go on the other way up. Seems the depression goes down so the oil runs off onto the bands. With the way it splashes away in there it probably doesn't matter though.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, June 24, 2013 - 08:59 pm:

Nice job!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 01:22 am:

Nice! What more can I say?
Drive carefully, and enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 03:47 am:

Thomas, looks nice, but I'd like to recommend adding a few more head bolts.
George n L.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 01:04 pm:

That is a real thing of beauty, you should be proud of your work.

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 02:25 pm:

Really nice work! Its to bad when they look that nice they get dirty when you start driving them. Been there and done that. My car is not a show car and I didn't build it to be one but it looked nice to begin with.
I am lucky enough to live where most of the roads are blacktop but some of the driveways are gravel. It doesent take much to get my T 'dirty' but I clean it up. Most of the time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bernard Paulsen, San Buenaventura, Calif on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 02:28 pm:

Stunning!
But, say, do you plan on touching up the cad-plated hardware with a brush when everything is assembled or are you going for some extra bling?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 03:34 pm:

Bernard - Back during the Model "T" era, "bling" was just some kind of new noise you heard while driving the old Model "T". Matter of fact,.....still is! Ha,ha,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 04:56 pm:

"Bling" sounds like the sound my headlamp rim made when it shook off while driving down the road!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration