Giant Power Head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Giant Power Head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, June 28, 2013 - 10:06 pm:

I can't find any information on old forum posts, so I want to know if the compression ratio is about the same on Giant Power head as a regular Ford low head? Visually, it appears like it would be about the same. It also looks like it will use the standard high head bolt, in fact it looks like maybe it will go into the block 1/8" further.
On another note, while going through my used head bolts, I noticed a number of head bolts are countersunk in the center slightly. Was this a cost cutting measure?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, June 28, 2013 - 10:17 pm:

I believe the Giant was the same as the Haibe which is 4.3.
The 9-10 low head is 4.2, the rest of the low heads are 4.0.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 12:28 am:

Hi Larry,

Go to the link below for the Tulsa Chapter dyno testing with various heads:

http://mtfctulsa.com/Tech/heads.htm

Hope that helps...

W

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 12:42 am:

Larry,
I am running a Giant Power head on our 13 touring. It performs better compared to the original low head. The Z head has higher compression. The compression chamber for both Giant an W.R. heads looked the same to me. The Giant and W.R. heads have the horse shoe style combustion chamber like the Z head. The valve pockets for the Z head is not as deep compared to Giant Power & W.R. heads.
The Giant Power head increased height will interfere with the stock 13 fire wall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 01:16 am:

Simmons Super Power head, same chamber. No problem with 26-27 fordor firewall.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration