OT: W or M Hubcap: What's it from?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: OT: W or M Hubcap: What's it from?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 09:23 am:

Anyone know which direction is up, and what this hubcap is from?

hub1

hub 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 10:09 am:

Non American hub cap? Its not a Kaiser is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 10:28 am:

Early 50's Willys.???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 11:05 am:

I think it's an Oldsmobile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 11:28 am:

i agree with larry. i no longer have my 1941 olds, but thinking 1940,41,42 ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 11:37 am:

Why would they have an "M" or "W" on a hub cap for an Olds.
Charles, did the people who had it, give you any clues????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 12:16 pm:

it is 1939 oldsmobile ... don't know why they used the design like that, but the "M" or "W" isn't as noticeable in the next couple of years

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 12:20 pm:

As said above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 12:29 pm:

Maybe neither M or W but stylized rocket fins? Just a guess, perhaps the word "rocket" wasn't attached to the Oldsmobile name that far back. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 12:32 pm:

Is seems that it is not an M or W but evolved from something like this:

And had something to do with "Setting The Pace"

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 01:17 pm:

great autos are evolving, rolling art. great thread !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 04:15 pm:

Can't say much for the design of the cars nowdays.
Most of them all look alike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ex trooper on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 04:46 pm:

Just so happens I won a trophy at the Two Rivers Cool City car show today and parked right next to me was.... ws

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/1i4bn.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/bf2out.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2il0eaa.jpg[/IMG]

SO THERE!!!! Troop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 05:08 pm:

Boy, that question sparked a lot of interest and responses.

I saw the hubcap in an antique shop in NH last weekend. No one had any idea what it was from.

Never would have guessed Oldsmobile.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration