Old Photo - Klan Parade ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Old Photo - Klan Parade ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 09:45 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 10:02 pm:

I think that's a film crew. But it's NOT "Birth of a Nation" which came out in 1915. I'm researching what it might be right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 10:08 pm:

Ok, one possibility is "The Mating Call" released by Howard Hughes in 1928. It's about a WW1 veteran who comes home to find out his marriage was annulled while he was away and his "wife" is now with a member of the Klan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 10:13 pm:

William, I thought that was a film crew on the truck but wasn't quite sure. Great detective work on your part of what film it was from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 10:25 pm:

I'm just assuming that's what its from. I think it's been shown on TCM but I've never seen it all the way through. Here's a link:

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/498285/The-Mating-Call/articles.html

Although it takes place right after WW1, the clothing and hairstyles are of late 20's vintage. The original prints were found in Howard Hughes' archives.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration