When I opened the door on my Coupe this week, much to my surprise, I noticed mold over the whole interior, including the headliner. The last time I was in this car was three weeks ago, no mold at that point. The car is in my work garage and the windows were open. We've had a lot more rain than usual in our area, and a week of very hot and high humid temperatures. We were on vacation the week of high temperatures, and the garage was closed up. I took the car and drove it out into the sun. I sprayed the whole interior and headliner with a solution of half white vinegar, and water. The mold disappeared and once the materiel dried, it looked brighter then it did before. I still can't believe the amount of mold that accumulated. It was even on the wood panels that are on both ends of the gas tank with this body style. I've had this car since 1988 and never had this happen before.
You need to put bags of desiccant (moisture wicking granules) inside the car when stored.
You can use the silica gel cat litter. It is a lot cheaper, and the same stuff. Also the flower drying silica.
Ed and Chris, thanks for responding. I will try this and hopefully it works.