OT Good Ford mechanc or machine shop near Onley, VA 23418 ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: OT Good Ford mechanc or machine shop near Onley, VA 23418 ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 06:50 am:

Anyone know of a god mechanic near Onley, VA 23418 or a machine shop that can pull a thermal
fan clutch from a water pump on a 95' Ford F350 ?

The water pump is out of the truck .... :-)

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman on Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 11:35 am:

Jim I just typed in clutch fan removal for 95 Ford F350 in a search engine and a video came up showing a guy that used a long socket extension to hold the shaft from turning, I think it was in a pulley and a 15" crescent wrench to fit over the hex on the shaft of the fan then he hit it counter clockwise with a hammer to loosen it and then just turned the fan counter clockwise until it came off the pump.

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 02:32 pm:

I hope you are not broke down somewhere? I did that in the middle of no-where in the '88 Ch##y suburban I used to have about 15 years ago. No fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 03:21 pm:

Thanks Steve & Wayne !

No - not broke down by design.

My water pump started leaking so I ordered one
in to an Autozone along my route.

I also reserved their (2) different fan clutch tools.

My thermal fan clutch is 48 mm and space is tight
so a pipe wrench or crescent wrench won't fit
between the clutch and fan, just a thin wrench.

Well, their rental wrench was spread a ways past
48 mm - the manager told me to pull the water pump with the fan & clutch attached and they could do it in the store ....

I did - but they ended up rounding the nut off.

That was Saturday .....

Looks like I need to find someone in town
with a cutting torch tomorrow ....

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 06:03 pm:

Jim, Sorry to hear about your problems on the road but...I think if THEY rounded off the nut to your pump THEY need to find someone to repair it not you.
Customer service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 06:14 pm:

Dennis,

I agree, when everything is done I am going to
have a talk with the regional manager.

Right now, this has cost me a few hundred dollars
and a few extra days.

Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration