Old Photo - McKay's Bus & Boat Service Lockport

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Old Photo - McKay's Bus & Boat Service Lockport
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 10:59 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 03:02 pm:

Many Years Ago I was shipping T parts to a company in a small mountain town near Silverton, Colorado. I am not sure but I think the town might have been Ouray. The company was using model Ts to take tourists for a ride. If I remember correctly the Ts were TT buses. Some state or federal agency closed the company down for some reason. I suppose maybe the buses are still at the town. Its to bad, I think it would have been a fun experience for the tourists.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 10:49 pm:

Jay, any idea where that Lockport is?
I used to live at Lockport, Manitoba.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 10:53 pm:

There's a Lockport just southwest of Chicago on the Illinois River.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 11:01 pm:

I've got a mule, her name is Sal, fifteen miles on the Erie canal... The most famous Lockport is in New York, home of a parts dealer notorious for its service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 11:30 pm:

Looks like it's on a levee road. Could be Lockport, CA, in the Delta area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 01:48 am:

This is the Lockport Manitoba bus which was restored by our car club here in Winnipeg. It is a 1918 truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 07:20 am:

Looking at the size of the driver in the first photo I'll bet no one skipped paying their bus fare!

I remember the power pole in the back ground so my guess the photo is from Lockport NY.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration