Transmission

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Transmission
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 01:10 pm:

Would a 25 transmission be the same as a 26 except for the brake drum being wider? My 26 broke a triple gear pin yesterday and i have a rebuilt 25 sitting here, so could i just change the drums and keep going?.

Thanks

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 01:18 pm:

Rick Goelz:

Your 26 hogs head brake shaft is in a different place than a 25.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 02:04 pm:

Dave, i am going to put the 26 drum on the other transmission, will it work.
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 02:08 pm:

Pretty sure time driving plate for the '25 will not fit the '26 drum so that won't work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 02:10 pm:

Dang spell check. Meant to post 'the driving plate'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 02:17 pm:

But if you took the brake drum and driven/driving plate from the 26 trans as a set it should work. Worth trying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 02:26 pm:

Walt, that is exactly what i am trying to do everything is OK except the triple gear, i was going to take pictures but my batteries died.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 04:02 pm:

Ive heard the 26 drum will hit the earlier pan. Can't say for sure, but I've heard it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 04:17 pm:

Use your 26 brake drum and drive plate and you will be fine. I would use the 25 sun gear on the 26 brake drum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 04:20 pm:

my 26 coupe is the car with the problem so it should be OK.Thanks for the discussion.
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 08:40 pm:

Rick, the clutch parts and the Hogs head are also different. Look at your Parts book.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration