Don't post that lousy picture

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Don't post that lousy picture
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 03:29 pm:

Come on, guys. Presumably most pictures taken to be forum illustrations are now made with digital cameras. If the first picture is out of focus, it doesn't cost you another penny to shoot a better one.

In this case the first picture, although blurry, is at least recognizable. But I see some photos posted where it's unclear what we're seeing. They don't all have to be great art, but in focus would be nice. Good lighting would be helpful too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 04:13 pm:

While we're on the subject of pictures, it helps if we are actually able to see them too. Tiny pictures have no use either. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John W. Oder - Houston, Texas on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 05:14 pm:

Aw shucks Steve, I thought you were using the Graflex! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 06:28 pm:

It seems my cell phone takes to big of a photo so I'm unable to post photos. I have no way to make them smaller at my summer place as I have no internet here. Guess I'm out of luck as far as photos go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David A. Siver on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 07:06 pm:

Will, If you go into your camera options you can select a smaller photo, then you will be able to post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David A. Siver on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 07:08 pm:

Will, If you go into your camera options you can select a smaller photo, then you will be able to post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David A. Siver on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 07:09 pm:

Didn't mean to stutter. Must have fat fingered it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Friday, August 23, 2013 - 01:24 am:

Are you saying you do not like my pixelated pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mattthew G California on Friday, August 23, 2013 - 01:29 am:

Yeah Steve, I know what you mean.

I hate it when the grass is out of focus!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, August 23, 2013 - 02:56 am:

Steve, I agree and have been aggravated by murky, ultra poor photos that fail to show the details we all wanted to see. You do set the bar pretty high with your way above average images. Your work is inspiring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace on Friday, August 23, 2013 - 12:24 pm:

How are you guys posting pics bigger than 600 x 400 pixels? I keep getting errors from the site saying how big I can make photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Friday, August 23, 2013 - 12:37 pm:

Darren,
It is not the photo size in width and height pixels that you are limited by. There is no limit on photo size but there is a limit on the photo file size of 200kb. Depending on how you resize your photos you should have an option to select both the image size in pixels and the file size in kilobytes (kb).

Here is a 1000 x 600 image but only about 170kb.

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace on Friday, August 23, 2013 - 05:58 pm:

Thanks Jim! I did not know that. Good to know now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, August 23, 2013 - 06:29 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/104783.html

Words can't describe how lousy these photos are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, August 23, 2013 - 07:38 pm:

While the official limit for file size is 200 KB, I find that 194 KB is the real top limit when I post pictures. Your software may vary.

Bob, Hello Kitty or not, I've seen much worse.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration