Emergency brake lining Quest.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Emergency brake lining Quest.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 08:39 pm:

I have a 26 coupe and the brake lining [new]fits tight against the drum ,It is bit more than 1/8 thick woven material from the vendors ,Quest. can I remove metal from the tabs on the plate cover where they set so I can move it more in ? they bottom out before they reach the cam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 09:07 pm:

Can you post a photo of this fitting situation?

If you have to remove metal, something is way wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 09:18 pm:

this pic. is not of my car but it is same

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 09:26 pm:

I have had some brake shoes with 3/16 or so thick lining. I just took a little off with a belt sander. Since they had asbestos, I used my painting respirator for breathing protection. Don't grind any off the tab thickness, there is not too much there to begin with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 09:52 pm:

OOhhhh, I see. If the material is wider than the metal band, one can sand the lining down via belt sander till it is even with the edge of the metal. A better fit should result.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 09:53 pm:

Not the tab thickness I was thinking of hight so it wont bottom out before it contacts cam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 09:56 pm:

Maybe your cam and/or brake shoe is worn out.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 09:58 pm:

So those little positioning tabs are holding the band to far open to make contact with the cam? I wouldn't think that was possible unless there are some mix of parts from different years. Is the metal brake band a continuous smooth one piece "C" shape and looks like the photo above?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration