Clutch plate screws

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Clutch plate screws
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Friday, August 23, 2013 - 04:23 pm:

The screws that hold the driven plate were wallowed out so i purchased the only thing available for a 26 they arrived today and i installed them, they are hex head bolts with a shoulder to hold the plate, the problem is they are longer and stick out past the edge of the brake drum, my concern is the safety wire will be above the drum and would probably get into the band lining.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, August 23, 2013 - 04:51 pm:

Should be no concern. That is the way the Improved large drum trans is done, clearance is fine.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration