Old Photo - Fred Chandler Ford Curbside Service

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Old Photo - Fred Chandler Ford Curbside Service
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 10:50 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 11:05 am:

If the city is Yakima, WA, it's in south central Washington state. That's where Yakima Canutt came from. He was an early movie stunt man and often in the cast of early John Wayne movies, around 1930-1936. The story is that he took his name from the city he was from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 11:15 am:

Again with the license plate screwed to the cowl. I have that cowl. Looks like the Hasslers have been well exercised. And I still have a quart of Zerolene.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 11:16 am:

Henry, did you see the PBS "History Detectives" where they identified a saddle that belonged to Canutt? Good story.

That wagon looks to be almost same as ours:

Wife bought this one in Rockford, Ill, in about 1972. It needs bearings or bushings. I'll make some out of wood dowel one day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 12:15 pm:

Ralph,

I missed that PBS "History Detectives" episode, but I'll watch for it in case it's repeated.

In addition to a wood dowel you'll need a round tuit also! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 12:44 pm:

By the looks of the puddle below the car, they only serviced model Ts.

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 01:00 pm:

OH, Henry!!! round tuit.

The puddle consists of the mixture I referred to in the "Garage Floor Coatings" thread earlier.

The more I look at that picture the better I like it, Jay
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 02:12 pm:

GREAT PHOTO!

Does that wagon in the car photo have filler spouts on the lower side of it?

Red Crown "FILTERED" gasoline...how did they filter it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Lauderback, Milwaukie Oregon on Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 05:09 pm:

Isn't Fred Chandler mentioned in "Me and the Model T" by Roscoe Sheller? I am at work and don't have my copy handy, but I believe he was one of the dealers that Sheller worked with in the early days in Sunnyside Washington.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration