1912 Should the I.D. Plate Number Match the Engine No.?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: 1912 Should the I.D. Plate Number Match the Engine No.?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 05:00 pm:

The title says it all. The nickel plated Torpedo I mention in another thread has the I.D. plate on the dash with a number 125400. The engine however is 135XXX, (can't recall all the digits). I assumed it was a replaced engine but, when reading the posting concerning another '12, it appears his numbers don't match either. Should they?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By roy palmer on Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 06:03 pm:

NO.they don't match

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 06:35 pm:

That is correct for the USA cars they stopped agreeing on/about OCT 6 Acc. 509, Letter, Ford Archives :
Motor and body numbers not to agree in the future ref:
http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/doc11.htm

The Canadian engine and ID number stamped into the data plate continued to agree well past that date.

Anyone know if the UK cars continued past that date?

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 06:36 pm:

The engine number should be ten thousand or so higher than the dash patent plate number, representing chassis and spare engine sales.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration