Made a cover for my manifold heater with some of my elaborate tooling.
Should keep the wifey happy and toasty.
Replaced gas line, cleaned fuel/filter screen, and flushed out Car bowl.
Straightened the frame back into position on the rear spring. I suspect the head of the centre bolt is sheared off, as there was no satisfying thunk as it dropped into alignment. In fact, we went right past centre initially and had to go back a little ways. This needs a little more investigation when we get home.
Diagnosed a loose #4 rod bearing (thanks Scott Hills!) and took out a surprising number of shims before it seemed snug enough to trust at speed.
Bought and brought home a traveling garage/camper for the hack yesterday. Maybe next year I can go to some away tours and shows. I want to go to the Hillbilly tour, but this trailer isn't ready and it's Labor Day weekend.
When time allows I'm still working on the 44" snowmobile front axle assembly. Fitting and adjusting. Shortened bottom spring should be back Tuesday. Red was the snowmobile trademark color.
Serviced the Ford: Oiling front axle, grease in the 2 cups in read axle right behind the gearbox. Topped op with oil in the engine. Adjusted brake and low gear bands.
Got the upholstery out of the touring...Interesting that there was a brass sill under the drivers side removable door panel.Doesnt appear that the panel was ever off the car.
Found that a few of the screws in a couple of the brackets don't want to come out no matter what you do...
Nice looking trailer Wes...
Greg, Interior of your touring looks pretty good to me.Nice..
Polished some more of the brass plumbing on my '25 TT Firetruck. Finally figured out what works best between an electric drill and also a dremmel. Starting to actually look pretty good! Time consuming for my short attention span.
Take note of the amount of stitching that is done on the 1912 upholstery, number of pleats, width of the pleats as it goes around the corners, etc. both front and back. You will need that information...
: ^ )
Interesting about the sill plate under the door. My late 1911 with fore-doors never had a sill plate on the driver's side.
Today I worked on a Heinze coil blox. Does anybody have any Heinze cam latch parts? My cam screws and retaining nuts are different threads!
The screw is about a #8-40 and the retaining nut seems to be about 14-24 or 28 Also, what is the size of the washer?
Mad an accessory arm rest!
Made of ash - same as pickup bed.
If I ever do another ...I think it'll bow with the body .... not really happy with it as it is.
Then, went and go groceries with it to try out the refurbed top...
moved the '20 runabout from the second garage stall to the third for a family "picnic" in the garage. Whoopie.
Drove mine to the shop and back. While it was sitting in front of my house a guy dressed like Col Sanders asked if I could shoot some photos of him and his dog sitting in it. (Years ago my neighbor was a clown so am use to people in costumes). Wish I had my camera at hand. Oh Well!
Walked by the Tudor numerous times while working on my latest acquisition.......a '59 Chev.
I took the 1927 Touring and my wife took her 1923 Runabout to a Labor Day BBQ with a "boatload" of Pirates who were WAY too much fun.
In the last month I have
1. Diagnosed what caused me to lose juice from the magneto (it was an extra key hiding in the transmission
2. Removed engine, currently broken magneto coil, and magnets.
3. Added oil slingers, shipped off DU-4 to get rebuilt
4. Cleaned/stripped/painted oil pan and hogshead
5. Re-assembled everything with fresh seals, got engine back in car
6. Figured out how to time engine with new front plate mag
7. Buttoned everything back up
Things left to do before Thursday evening:
1. Manufacture linkage for AC brakes (have brake rods, just need something to actuate them)
2. Polish all brass
I'm pretty confident I can get the linkage created today, I have a good idea of what I want to do, just have to actually do it.
Made some more heater parts.