OT> Gaskets for 41 and 49 cars

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: OT> Gaskets for 41 and 49 cars
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 04:39 pm:

Is there a place I can go to for gaskets for my 41 Oldsmobile and my 49 Plymouth? I want to pull the oil pans on both for cars but want to have a set of new gaskets before I start. There are both in line six engines. I heard there's a guy making complete engine sets but can't find his web site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Fisk on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 05:36 pm:

Olson's Gaskets
3059 Opdal Road E.
Port Orchard, WA 98366

360-871-1207
info@olsonsgaskets.com
www.olsonsgaskets.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 05:51 pm:

Have you tried Napa and O'Reilly? Olson wanted $25 for a valve cover gasket for my M Farmall tractor. The Plymouth gasket should be real common. The Olds is a different matter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 06:02 pm:

Halamicek Auto Supply in Gonzales, Tx will likely have NOS gaskets for both cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 08:55 pm:

Here is a tip.
Struggle and strive for a Fel pro part number.Then simply go to Advance and give them that part number.They can order it.
Case in point to explain.A gasket set for a B John Deere is pricy.Even from Temco.
BUT when we got the set from temco,Ooops,it is in a Felpro box.With felpro part numbers for each seperate gasket.
We had a problem and had to repull the head.
We took the head gasket number to Advance,gave it to them and 2 days later had the gasket.MUCH cheaper than John Deere.
A good napa store should be able to help.
I got all the parts for rebuilding my brake system and stuff from advance on my 47 pontiac.
Computer came up with the numbers,plugs,points and such.No reason a gasket cant show up on the puter..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 09:35 pm:

Good idea Mack, I will see if I can locat a felpro number somehow. To my knolage both oil pans have never been off. When I changed the oil on the 41 Olds there was some bulid up on the drian plug so I'm sure the pan has an inch of sluge in it. I pulled the cap off the oilfilter on the 49 I just bought yesterday and the old filter came out in small chunks. So I can just imange what the inside of the oil pan looks like on that also. I was getting a gas smell every time I turned a corner with the 41. Turned the gasket on the sending unit had rotted out and the gas was spilling over that. I think I might have the same problem with the 49. I just need to find the time to drop the tank and find out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 09:55 pm:

If you guys have trouble locating stuff, I am set up with Napa and Auto Value on my shop computer. I will be glad to give you availability information. PM me a part number or application, and I will try to locate parts. And you don't have to call the store :-) I just bought a fuel pump for a 50's Chrysler from Napa, they had it next day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 10:42 pm:

Any decent parts house can get that Plymouth gasket in a couple days, they made that motor for about 30 yrs, Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 11:34 pm:

I stumbled onto Halamicek Auto Supply in Gonzales, TX about 5 - 6 years ago on a Texas T-Party tour. They have been in business since the 30's and have quite a collection of old stock . No Model T stuff, but Model A vintage and later for all makes of cars as well as modern stuff. They are not in the antique parts business but happen to have a lot of old stuff.

Stacy Brown in Arlington, Tx also has old stuff exclusively and a website.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 02:59 am:

Things like pan gaskets and side covers etc, I just buy cork/rubber sheets available in variable thickness and size from our bearing/nut&bolt supplier and cut & hole punch a new one.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration