First drive with my George King III engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: First drive with my George King III engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 09:42 pm:

At last I found time to take my 1919 touring car out for her first drive with her new George King III engine. Gave a little trouble first starting but it turned out to be a stuck float. Once I got that working right away we went. I can't ever remember this car ever running so good. I got to mow tommarow but you can bet that when I'm done I will be back on the road again with the 19.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 10:07 pm:

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 06:28 am:

Sorry DanB. The site won't let me load photos from my cell phone. I use the smallest res my phone has and they are still to large for the site. Until I get back to Jersey where I have a puter to resize pic,s you just have to take my word for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 11:50 am:

Ok!

Curious what all you had done to it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 01:05 pm:

George King III did my engine and pan (the works, from poured babbits to valve inserts, to truing the pan, etc.). I live in Florida and crated and shipped my block and pan up to him in Connecticutt and he did such a great job, I will not hesitate to do it again if the need should arise, for the extra shipping cost is worth the peace of mind knowing it will be done right. www.enginerestoration.com. Jim Patrick

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration