Leather seats

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Leather seats
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Monday, September 09, 2013 - 11:26 pm:

I have a 13 depot hack with beautiful leather diamond tuft seats and backs. The back of the seat backs are exposed and covered also in leather. There is a white haze in some areas of the backs that I would like to remove but am unsure of what to use and not hurt the leather. Any suggestions??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 12:10 am:

The white haze might be mildew.

A leather cleaner such as Lexol will probably suffice.

I'm not a fan of saddle soap - it tends to leave a sticky residue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 03:33 am:

Then use Dubbin to preserve the leather and keep it supple. Dubbin should be applied every 12 months.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration