Looking for picture of Red Spot ditch light with mirror

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Looking for picture of Red Spot ditch light with mirror
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Missett Wyoming, PA (NE) on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 09:35 pm:

I have a beautifully restored Red Spot ditch light but it is the model without the mirror. I would like to see a picture of the Red Spot mirrored model with the hope of being able to find a mirror that I can attach to my light. I'm hoping to be able to see the mirror itself and how it is attached to the spot light. Appreciate any help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 09:50 pm:

I restored this one for someone a few years ago. It's missing the mirror glass in the photo but the owner, if I recall, had it. The mirror assembly attaches with a band. Not sure if these shots help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cary Abate on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 10:10 pm:

Beautiful. I have a Stewart Warner 139 on my 27 but not as nice.

Cary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Missett Wyoming, PA (NE) on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 10:25 pm:

Thanks Ken. Looking at that picture I doubt I would ever be able to find an OEM mount like that. I was hoping for something more simple. I have a few ideas for mounting a mirror to it but wanted to look at an original before I proceed.
I have not been able to find a good place on the windshield frame to mount my light without eliminating what appears to be an OEM mirror that is drilled into the frame. You did a beautiful job restoring my light and it's time for me to start showing it off. Appreciate the help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 10:46 pm:

I did your light? What happened to the mirror?

Does your light have the dimple in the housing for the band screw? The band and Z-bracket were threaded and the screw tightened the band by just lifting at the dimple. The screw doesn't penetrate the housing. If you can measure the circumference at that area, I can probably come pretty close to an original copy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 10:51 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/220228.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 10:56 pm:

Whoopss - Guess you have already got the above info.
It was your thread . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 11:06 pm:

Deja vu all over again. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Missett Wyoming, PA (NE) on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 07:54 pm:

Ken
You did do the light for me but it never had a mirror. I would LOVE to be able to incorporate a mirror and that is the main reason I never did get around to installing it on my 24 Touring. The only way (IMO) I can install it tastefully on my windshield frame would require me to eliminate the (OEM) mirror that is currently screwed into the frame. There does not appear to be a dimple in the housing. The circumference measures 9 7/8"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 08:07 pm:

Dick,
Let me see what I can come up with over the weekend. It's been a while since I did any spinning so I'll have to hunt down my metal spinning tools. (For the mirror edge.) If it looks good enough to pass along, I'll send a picture and you can have it. Let's get that baby on the road!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Missett Wyoming, PA (NE) on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 08:22 pm:

Thanks Ken , I've had that puppy on the shelf for quite awhile so there is no urgency other than it is much too pretty to be on the shelf.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Enos Wiseman on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 08:50 pm:

Hi;
I just took a couple pic's of mine. It's a stewart search light,not sure if it's the same one you're interested in. Hopefully it can be of some help, if not email me and I can send you a few more tomorrowSearch light

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Enos Wiseman on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 08:56 pm:

I guess you probably have the one without the mirror built in, Mine won't be of much help.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration