Dirk Regter, Model T World Tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Dirk Regter, Model T World Tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 08:33 pm:

Dick Lodge is hosting Dirk Regter and his wife tonight here in St. Louis. Dirk and his wife are traveling around the world in a 1915 touring. Last year they traveled the middle east and Africa. This year the US and Canada, then South America. They are from the Netherlands but spending a lot of time on the road. Dick will hop on tonight to upload some photos of their car, but in the mean time you can visit their website,

http://www.tfordworldtour.org

Click on the link, "The Model T" and see some of the modifications Dirk did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 02:07 am:

I'll bet they are pleased to have a host that can speak the lingo. Way to go Dick, yer all right.
George n L.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 08:50 am:

I had been in touch with Dirk for over a year about the possibility of his including St Louis on the tour. They arrived Monday evening and I drove up to their hotel and met them - Dirk and Trudy and their support crew of Dennis and Barry. They decided to have a free day Tuesday and do some stuff to the car that it needed. Wednesday, I took them sightseeing in St. Louis, although we ended up not doing a whole lot of that since we found out while we were at the Arch that the alternator that Dirk had dropped off for repair was ready. On the grounds that mechanical stuff was more important than being a tourist, we headed out to pick it up and then go to Hyman Ltd to get the T. (It had been garaged there for two days.) Wednesday evening, we had an informal get-together at a local watering hole near their hotel. The Dutch community didn't show up (although my daughter pointed out to me that she is Dutch as well as American, as are her twins, who also came), but we did turn out some members of the Model T club who enjoyed seeing the car and talking to Dirk, Trudy and the guys.

I will head out in about an hour to meet them at their hotel and lead them across the river to Illinois, so they can head for Richmond and the Model T Museum. (You're in for a treat, Jay and Barbara!)

The support vehicle:

Taking a picture of a local tourist attraction:

What they were taking a picture of:

Picking up the car:

Outside the restaurant. Steven Thum, a passerby, Diana Thum, Tom Klemme, Gloria Klemme, Dirk.

Dirk getting ready to tell us about the trip. (Okay, be honest, everyone who has been hassled by thirsty elephants on a Model T tour, raise your hand.)

Everyone outside in/on the car. On the fenders, Sofia and Alex Belcastro, behind them Dave and Kathy Groerich, in the car Dick Lodge, Gloria Klemme, Tom Klemme, Dirk and Trudy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 04:30 pm:

Drove up to their hotel this morning to lead them across the river into Illinois on non-highways. Took them up to Piasa on IL Route 16 and pointed them east. They should reach Richmond on Friday sometime.

We expect pictures, Jay!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 04:39 pm:

I met him briefly this summer in Yellowstone, at Tower Falls. If you get a chance to look over his T closely, there are a lot of modifications. For example the wishbone was replaced with a really heavy duty linkage, and there are a lot of other changes. I wish we could have socialized a bit longer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Scott Owens on Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 05:31 pm:

With that big fan in front it leads me to belive that it has a water pump. Can it still be a " T "
Those that are in the know more that me can pipe in now. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 06:25 pm:

I don't recall seeing a water pump. I wasn't looking for one, but they are pretty noticeable when they're there. I didn't take engine pictures, but I believe he said that there is a discussion of the car on their website somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 06:30 pm:

I take it back. I just went to the website and looked at the photos. Apparently I missed the water pump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Cuenca Ecuador on Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 07:05 pm:

Very cool. It looks like they'll be landing in Ecuador around Esmeraldas and driving down the coast thru Machala into Peru. I'm going to have to follow their blog and hopefully meet them along the way thru Ecuador.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 08:01 pm:

Dick,

Thanks so much for photos and story. I enjoyed reviewing their web site both about the T and their efforts to raise money to help orphans around the world. What a great purpose. Way to go!!!!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration