Model K Pic

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Model K Pic
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Friday, September 13, 2013 - 12:28 pm:

This pic is on the wall in Krickett's Restaurant in Spanaway, Washington.
Looks like a K to me.

k

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, September 13, 2013 - 12:36 pm:

Is it a K or a Lozier? I'd take either one.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, September 13, 2013 - 01:07 pm:

I'm pretty sure it's a Winton.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Friday, September 13, 2013 - 02:15 pm:

I'll second the 'vote' for Winton.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Friday, September 13, 2013 - 02:52 pm:

Now that I've searched some I'd vote for Lozier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Friday, September 13, 2013 - 04:35 pm:

I agree that it is a Winton- 1909 model 17 possibly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 12:11 am:

You guys are good. These period drawings look so much alike it's hard to say, except the Winton has a small cowl and the Lozier appears not to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 12:29 am:

Rob, How many Model K's are still surviving? Running and not running.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 06:34 am:

Gary, I believe in Carl Pate"s book, "Pate's Early Ford Automobile Encyclopedia" (www.earlyfordcars.info/) the author lists 21 cars (memory?) and 3 or 4 engines remaining.

Of those, I am only aware of three Model Ks that still tour, the two in the US and one in Australia. All three owners who drive their Ks are regular posters on MTFCA, so maybe the other two have more info?

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 07:23 am:

The fenders in the picture are identical to those of the Winton, not the Lozier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 07:57 am:

OK...I'll go along with a Winton.
I'll have to admit to a bunch of guys in this restaurant that I don't know it all after all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 09:56 am:

I will concede to Winton also. That radiator is the same. I knew it looked familiar but Lozier is what came to mind.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 02:58 pm:

I do find it interesting that there are three Ford model Ks in the world currently being toured, and that all three owners are regulars on this model T site. It is also interesting that all three seem to consider them to be good tour cars for their vintage (even the earliest known and pre-improved one).

Bob G,
Thanks for sharing this photo! It is a good one.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 03:16 pm:

Rob: In 1955 there was a Model K roadster with wire wheels at the Long Beach Auto scrap and vintage parts yard. He had many parts for early autos and perhaps10 or 20 complete cars including the Model K. The K was on display in the show room.Do you know where that K is today?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 03:30 pm:

Are the two at the Sacramento (Towe) museum in the count?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 05:03 pm:

Ralph

The two K's in what used to be the Towe museum are in the total count, but not among the three currently being driven somewhat frequently on tours.

Timothy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 06:12 pm:

Darrel,

I haven't seen or heard of a roadster with wire wheels. However, at some point someone may have "restored" this roadster and replaced the wires with wood. Also, as with most old cars, there may be some Model Ks out there that have been "lost" to the general public, but may reappear at some point.

Wayne,
Not surprising to me, since I've slowly gravitated from Model T, to brass T, to N and now Model K. They all seem to complement ach other.

Tim, we need Bob to weigh in now for the "trifecta". :-)

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By allanwick on Monday, September 16, 2013 - 10:20 pm:

Rob, I have an old brochure with a beautiful K touring on the front cover. The brochure was advertising the Imperial Palace collection in Las Vegas. Are you familiar with this car and where it is now?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Monday, September 16, 2013 - 11:04 pm:

Allan,

Is it dark blue with a wood framed windshield?

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By allanwick on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 12:25 am:

Rob, looks to be very dark blue or black with no windshield frame and cordovan leather upholstery. I would be glad to mail it to you if you could pm me your mailing address.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 12:55 am:

Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 06:31 am:

Minor correction -- Carl's book on page 44 of 63 Chapter 4 Sales and Models chart has 23 Model K cars listed and 5 spare engines listed as of 2006.

Great book available from the club at: http://modeltstore.myshopify.com/products/pates-early-ford-automotive-encycloped ia-1903-1909. It has a wealth of great information and the DVD has even more information that would not fit into the pages of the book. Highly recommend for anyone interested in the 1903-1909 Fords. (Yes, it includes the early Ts and shows the designs that were dropped along the way and those designs/patents that were carried over into the T).

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 07:03 am:

If you guy's can put a man on the moon surely you can build a bridge across the pond to AUSTRALIA. Then you can drive down and visit me.

You have met Dough Partington [on left] and John Page [on right]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 07:17 am:

Bob,
Are you preparing for any tours, now that "summer" is approaching?
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 05:21 pm:

Rob in my part of OZ [as with most of OZ] it's tour time all year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 06:18 pm:

Bob,

Getting to where we must drive with the lights on in the states :-)

(Old Car Festival, thanks Carl)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 08:46 pm:

Rob--HELL !!--WITH NO HIGH BEAM.

Be like going back to the dark age.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration