Running board bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Running board bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilber Elliott on Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 01:09 pm:

Can anyone tell me correct size of carriage bolt I should use on my 1916 running boards? Also, what is the correct type/size of machine screw to use on the windshield hinges?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 01:30 pm:

If you are a stickler for details -

RV Anderson sells correct running board/fender bolt sets.

Note that the running board bolts are not carriage bolts. They have a flatter/thinner head but not quite as flat as a step bolt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 03:42 pm:

On the other hand, if you have a box of old fasteners left by an uncle who died half a century ago and you are not a stickler, you're looking for 5/16" carriage bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 04:10 pm:

I use stainless steel carriage bolts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilber Elliott on Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 04:23 pm:

Erik, does RV Anderson have a web site and if so, what is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 04:34 pm:

He has a paper catalog but no website as far as I know.

He may be reached via email

rvmodelt@netsync.net

or via the MTFCA forum

http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profil e=rvanderson-users

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilber Elliott on Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 05:22 pm:

Thanks again for the help everyone!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration