OT> Looking for rebuild kit for Trico vacuum wiper motor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: OT> Looking for rebuild kit for Trico vacuum wiper motor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Friday, September 20, 2013 - 06:57 pm:

Looking for rebuild kit for Trico vacuum wiper motor. Any out there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Friday, September 20, 2013 - 07:39 pm:

I remember a guy that advertised in Hemming's back in the '80s. His name was David Ficken and I believe he was in N.Y. state.

As I recall, he passed away and his children took over the business. At one point, I think he, or his children, bought out the entire inventory of old-stock parts from Trico.

That's all the info I have. Hope this helps.

Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, September 20, 2013 - 07:44 pm:

They won't sell a repair kit but they do rebuild them.

http://www.wiperman.com/

The kits used to show up on Ebay all the time. You might try there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, September 20, 2013 - 09:45 pm:

Rebuilding a Trico motor improves it from worthless to miserable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 08:31 pm:

Agree with Ken, www.wiperman.com is the only one to be trusted with vacuum motors. His father rebuilt the wiper motor on our '50 Buick and helped to get the windshield washer system to work. He's close to Farmingdale on Long Island, NY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 10:08 pm:

Robert Fricken http://www.wiperman.com/ rebuilt the Trico that is in my T. As with any vacuum device, it works fine as long as you have vacuum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 10:48 pm:

Try Stacy Brown, Arlington, TX. He's likely to have NOS one and might have a kit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 11:25 pm:

Ted,

A long time ago I lived in Arlington and bought a lot of parts from Stacy. Its been over 20 some odd years ago but I bet I could still find his place if it is in the same location. I was keeping a couple of T's, a 41 Cadillac, and a straight 8 Buick running at the time. Do you have his contact information? He had a large supply of pre war parts and could remember the part numbers of most of it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 09:34 am:

Stacy has stuff he doesn't even know he has. Great guy, you really need to go there in person for best results.

Antique Auto Supply
1225 Colorado Ln.
Arlington, Texas 76015

Phone: 817-275-2381
Fax 775-234-9858
Email: antiqueautosupply@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 09:16 pm:

Hi: I have a question on vacuum wiper motors. The main problem seems to be loss of vacuum when accellerating. Has anyone used a vacuum ball or can under the dash or mounted somewhere. It would give a vacuum reserve. Seems like it should help but I have never seen it on a model T. Donnie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 10:01 pm:

Royce,

Thanks for the contact info for Stacy. I would agree that if you live in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex you need to go see him. I live in Denver and it is going to be some time before I can get by his place again, but I still own a house in Arlington so you never know!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Monday, September 23, 2013 - 08:26 am:

Donnie:

That's the quirk with vacuum wipers. Our '50 Buick had a dual action fuel/vacuum pump to overcome that loss of wiper action on acceleration.

Maybe invest in a bottle of Rain-Ex for those moments ?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration