9/16" 4 point socket

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: 9/16" 4 point socket
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 10:42 pm:

I want to remove my main bearings. Where do I find a 4 point socket to do so?
Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 10:45 pm:

Need 9/16 8 point socket. Ebay is best.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steve miller- mississauga,ontario on Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 11:06 pm:

Snap-on sells it as a 9/16 Double Square. 8 point

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 11:17 pm:

I bought my 9/16 8 point socket from McMaster Carr.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 11:26 pm:

Dave,
You should be able to find the 8 point socket at Neu's, Sears Hardware Store, or Fleet Farm near your home in Menomonee Falls. Be sure to mark those main bearing caps before you remove them so they get back in the right position.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 11:36 pm:

Mine came from Sears. You most likely will find an 8 pt socket as described above. It should not be hard to find, however, the geniuses have worked over the Craftsman site and I bet they have one, but you are not likely to find it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration