Fan Axial Play

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Fan Axial Play
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Williams on Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 07:42 pm:

The fan on my 26 touring has about 1/4 inch axial play. Should I be worried? I sure would not want to hurt my radiator, I live on a big hill and this car has never overheated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 07:55 pm:

That's a little excessive, add a a little packing (washer) to get it below 1/8". Of course you could put in a new pair of bushings. Another alternative is to rework and install ball (or roller) bearings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 07:59 pm:

Sounds like your felt washer/seal is missing or worn out. As long as the shaft nut is tight it should not fail catastrophically.

Drawing from:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/209786.html

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 08:02 pm:

Does a '26 use a bolt for the axle? If so, has it backed out?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration