OT Model A

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: OT Model A
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Wilson on Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 01:53 pm:

I just stole the neighbor's 1930 Model A for joy ride (I have keys to it) It ran fine except every time I would let up on the gas, when starting down hill, the engine died. It always restarted right away. I am not a good diagnostician, is this a carb setting o blame?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 02:45 pm:

float level is maybe too high?
Try driving along on the level and as you quickly push the clutch down hit the brakes ..hard.
Does it die then?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 05:34 pm:

ADJUST POINT GAP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 07:41 pm:

Try the easy stuff first.The model A carb needs to be adjusted cold then warmed up! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Wilson on Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 08:43 pm:

We solved it - don't know what was wrong, but it runs fine now. The car came with a Tilotson carb, and we could not get it to run correcly after 2 rebuilds. Gave up and borrowed a Zenith from another T / A buddy. Rebuilt it and it ran much better. However the borrowed carb was requested to be returned "someday". My neighbor had me order a new reproduction Zenith carb from Birdhaven, and I got around to installing it this afternoon, Is that how an A is supposed to run??!!?? Really made a big difference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Wilson on Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 08:45 pm:

PS the car has new points. plugs, and the timing is dead on.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration