Reamer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Reamer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alexander Edwards on Friday, October 04, 2013 - 12:31 pm:

Hello !

We are rebuilding the front axle of my '20 T. Putting in now spindle bolts, bushings etc.

Mac's sells a reamer for $103 that I'll use once or twice. Can anyone tell me another reamer that I can buy or use to do this job? I want to do it right but do I have to spend $103? Thanks ! Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Friday, October 04, 2013 - 01:15 pm:

Forget the reamer. Use JB Weld to adhere them in place. Undercut the OD of the bushings so they slip in the spindle a little sloppy, surround them with JB Weld, put them in with a king pin to align them, snug them up with a couple nuts and washers and let everything set up. Done a bunch that way, all hold up very well. Can remove with a torch.
I do the same with 3rd cam bushings and upper DS bushings using the cam or driveshaft to align them in place. Never a problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, October 04, 2013 - 01:34 pm:

Install bushings in the spindle. Then take them to any GOOD auto machine shop that has a Sunnen hone and get them to fit the kingpins to the spindles. Better than any reamer ever made. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, October 04, 2013 - 01:54 pm:

We sell them for 84.00 Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, October 04, 2013 - 03:19 pm:

The reamer kit should also include the cutters to face the bushings to fit your axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, October 04, 2013 - 03:22 pm:

The two items are not sold in a kit from us,Bob
they are seperate

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration