Curious about utility axle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Curious about utility axle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 02:41 pm:

I am just wondering if anyone knows if this was hand made or used as some kind of production axle. The spindles are the same as Ford. They may even have been Ford and welded to this 1 1/8 square bar. Tread width would be 16" shorter than a car.
I have thought of a dozen uses and will use some old ball bearing wheels on it that are not good enough to tour on.
Any ideas?
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 10:40 pm:

Could it have been part of a snowmobile conversion?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 11:48 pm:

Richard, if the axle is turned up the other way and mounted in a horse drawn vehicle, the driver's view would be better!!!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 12:15 am:

I would guess a yard cart. Built like an old buggy axle,with bends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 12:40 am:

I was at a friend's house last week. He showed me the T era trailer he has. It has an axle that looks just about like that. Nice trailer.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration