OIL CHANGE PROBLEM

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: OIL CHANGE PROBLEM
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wayne thompson on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 08:53 pm:

I am a new owner of a 25 model t 4 door. It runs perfect. Yesterday I decided to change the oil in this car. After I drained the old oil out I filled the engine with the new oil I added about a pint more than needed. When finished I started the engine to let it warm up and drive. The engine ran great on coils but when I switched to mag the engine quit. I drained the excess oil out and the engine ran fine. any reason why the small amount of excess oil made this happen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 09:12 pm:

You may have an intermittent problem with your ignition switch,but oil didn't have anything to do with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 09:16 pm:

Jack: Thanks for helping a " Newby" .... Goodf advise

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Dvis on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 09:17 pm:

Wayne, assuming you did not use some sort of graphite oil, a tad of "over fill" of any kind of petroleum base oil should have no influence as to yes or no as far as the mag is concerned. Check the mag voltage at the mag post and then go from there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 09:24 pm:

If the output from the MAG is intermittent, I'd check the switch, as Jack says, and also the mag post connection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 09:27 pm:

By the way, welcome to the affliction. Here are a couple of links for all new T owners.

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG79.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 11:41 pm:

Check the mag contact post too. (Remove and clean) Dumping new oil into the filler can wash old junk into flywheel portion the pan.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration