Look What Someone Dropped Off At My Shop

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Look What Someone Dropped Off At My Shop
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 12:09 am:

This was sitting in my shop the other day when I came in to fix a gas leak on my Fordor:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 12:17 am:

What an up-lifting gift! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 12:50 am:

And I thought Walker only made mufflers. The factory in Racine is now gone. I don't know if the name still exists or if they were bought out. Saw the factory every time we went down to play on the beach.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 01:00 am:

very cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 08:53 am:

Model T era floor jack?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daryl W. Becker on Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 10:23 am:

very cool !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 11:48 am:

Hal - If you don't want it, sent it to me! :-)

As you know, I live in Kenosha, WI, about 10 miles from Racine, and I'd give it a really good home....

Best wishes, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 12:24 pm:

Walker still makes floor jacks. We have a Walker transmission jack in our equipment repair garage. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 12:26 pm:

Is it missing too wheels on the handle side? Seems as if it would be easier to maneuver around the shop with 4 wheels. Looks as if the wheel axles have been cut off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 01:18 pm:

The trouble with tools: you gotta' work to get your money's worth.

Hal, you won't have to work hard for that one, but I bet you put in some work restoring it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Friday, October 18, 2013 - 12:13 am:

The original Model T screw jacks that I have with the Ford script on the handle are also marked - Walker Mfg Co. Racine Wis.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration