Spindle question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Spindle question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean on Friday, October 25, 2013 - 09:42 pm:

I am working on my 26 tudor looking at the front right wheel seems to be leaning out at the top so I pulled the wheels and the hubs of down to the spindle cleaned them up found the part number
203-4b this number is the same on the other spindle I know there is a left and a right anybody know what this number is left or right and what the right number is thanks mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson on Friday, October 25, 2013 - 09:58 pm:

Top should be leaning out. One easy way to tell if you have a right and a left spindle, one is right hand thread, the other is left. The nut from one side will not thread onto the other.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean on Friday, October 25, 2013 - 11:06 pm:

ok so witch side is the left one or right one is the right hand thread on the right side or left side just want to get it right with the front axle level one side is six degress more than the other on the spindle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, October 25, 2013 - 11:29 pm:

Mike, one way to identify if the spindles are correct is the outer bearing should loosen on both of them when you drive forward. If they tighten it is a very dangerous situation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Friday, October 25, 2013 - 11:34 pm:

Make sure you get the correct thread spindle on the correct side. Don't ask me why I say this but it cost me a 26-27 wire wheel hub to find out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, October 25, 2013 - 11:34 pm:

Left hand thread is on the right; right hand thread is on the left. If the bearing is turned in the same direction as the wheel with the car going forward, it should loosen, not tighten.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean on Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 06:12 pm:

thanks guys your ansewers helped mike

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration