100 Inch Wheelbase

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: 100 Inch Wheelbase
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, October 28, 2013 - 09:36 am:

Rob Heyen figured out only recently that initial Model T production was held up for months by the engineering and tooling needed to stretch the wheelbase from 97" to 100", just to make room for the low tension magneto.

It's always seemed to me the wheelbase is still two inches too short, based on the rear fender and runningboard clearance. It looks like that would be a choke point for mud. Ideas?

Cameron's '09

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, October 28, 2013 - 10:00 am:

Ralph, i think they took the rear suspension geometry into consideration as well. The rear axle swings up and back as the suspension compresses. I agree it does look awkward when sitting still.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Monday, October 28, 2013 - 10:16 am:

Did Mark Cameron ever sell that car? I was interested at one time.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration