Oil Cans

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Oil Cans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 01:45 pm:

I received my Vintage Ford this morning, and enjoyed the oil can article. I did an article on Model T tools several years ago, and pictured in that article was one of two Maple City double script oil cans I have. I also have two double script Noera oil cans. I believe Mike Walker did an article too on oil cans a while back, and he had his re-copper plated and is beautiful. The thing that puzzles me is where did Ford suggest storing the oil cans? He didn't supply a bracket for the firewall. In a touring car, an oil can will fit under the back seat, but not all roadsters have a toolbox in back of the gastank for storage. Where was a roadster owner supposed to keep his oil can?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 02:39 pm:

Are you asking for suggestions?? (G) Buy a bracket . I used to make them and those mounted on two upper bolts of steering column.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 03:00 pm:

Larry -- You could always put stuff like that in the turtle. Isn't that what they're for? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 04:19 pm:

Larry,

Try this bracket from the vendors:

oil can bracket

It works with a 3" diameter oil can and mounts on the firewall under the hood. It keeps the can upright so the oil stays inside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 04:20 pm:

Larry,

I have wondered the same thing. Also have wondered if every car came with an oil can. If they did, I think there would be far more of them left. Even after the car was kaput, the oil can would be useful for the next 100 years or so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 04:21 pm:

Yes, but Larry's question was;

"...where did FORD suggest storing the oil cans?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 04:31 pm:

I'll bet the Chevy group could tell you where to put your Ford oil can!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 04:47 pm:

OH MY!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 04:49 pm:

Of all the 1920's Chevys made, I bet there's more of their oil cans remaining than the cars they came with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 06:08 pm:

Gentlemen, get you minds out of the gutter...I'm sure the Chevy group would tell you to put your oil can in the tool box!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 06:15 am:

If Ford oil cans did'nt exist, There would'nt be
Chevy's , cause thats what they are made of.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration