Trying to find a park brake pad goes around the drive shaft drum

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Trying to find a park brake pad goes around the drive shaft drum
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory Salazar on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 11:11 pm:

Any ideas go to this url, https://plus.google.com/s/greg%20salazar/photos greg salazar click on my name when you get there check out the other albums of t stuff thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 11:26 pm:

Most big towns have a shop that relines brakes. As that's not a T brake, I'd take the band to one of those shops for new lining.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory Salazar on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 11:43 pm:

Ok that's not model t stuff right on, ill check that out try an put a new pad on the metal. thanks steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 11:52 pm:

Didn't chrysler use something like that years ago?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 11:59 pm:

Yep, my Dodge has a parking brake like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory Salazar on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 12:09 am:

Cool what year and would that be available

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 12:16 am:

1951. I need to keep it for hauling wood and other stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 12:27 am:

All Chrysler automobiles and Dodge trucks used that lining on their drive shaft mounted parking brakes during the 1930 - 1950 era. It should cost about $60 to get the band lined

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory Salazar on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 12:29 am:

Funny guy.... 51 ill check that out thanks steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory Salazar on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 12:32 am:

Ok frank thank you. Have a good night guys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 05:53 am:

I use belting, first contact 3M glue then rivits.
Belting is cheap comes in all sizes.
Same belt used on this lathe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 09:06 am:

Yep my first car was a fat fendered 1948 Plymouth coupe and it had that same hand operated pull type brake as I recall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory Salazar on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 10:01 am:

Yeah like a leather belt alright

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Cook on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 10:31 am:

My 1971 IH grain truck has that type of parking brake. I had it relined few years back at a truck parts place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 02:56 pm:

Ford trucks had the same band. They all did, Chevvy also.
I don't recall ever seeing a truck over 1 ton that did not have that band at the rear of the gearbox.
Have you ever seen cables going to the rear brakes on a truck? I don't think I have. Not since the model AA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 04:17 pm:

To answer Aaron's question, Chevy used drum parking brakes like cars on the larger trucks 1946 and back. By 1953, they had the drum on the back of the transmission. In-between.....????? I've had both - and still have some of the transmissions and engines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 04:30 pm:

Fred;
My '73 Winnebago with a 413 Dodge engine had an emergency brake on the back of the transmission. Don't ask me how I know.
Mack trucks with Mack engines, back in the 50's also had the emergency brake on the rear of the transmission.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration