Fiberglass body

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Fiberglass body
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 06:11 pm:

Does anyone know of a producer of 14 through 24 fiberglass roadster tubs?, we are building a specialty car, not a rat rod, it will be all Model T, if i can find a glass body i won't need to mess up a steel one.i only need the tub as the back will be a kind of pick-up.

Thanks

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 06:25 pm:

Try this http://www.poli-form.com/Catalog/cat-body.html

They are reasonably decent quality

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 06:26 pm:

Rick, Speedway Motors in Lincoln, NE has fiberglass tubs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 06:56 pm:

If you search your local and regional Craigslist for T-bucket and 1923 Ford you may be able to find one cheaper than purchasing one from Speedway Motors.

They show up once in a while on my local Craigslist - the typical story is the seller bought the body with the intention of building a hot rod but never got around to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 07:06 pm:

Right you are Erik, I see many here in the San Fransiko Bay area.
You could get a frame and many other things with it for a fraction of the body cost, especially if they bought it when they were much cheaper..
The usual stories include they are having a baby, gotta move to an apartment, lost storage, have another project, etc.,etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 07:41 pm:

Speedway Motors price is not terrible at under $550, but there may be better deals out there if you have time to look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 07:58 pm:

Poli-form is the way to go in fiberglass, just my .02

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 09:24 pm:

Rick, there is a guy in Arkansas that sells fiberglass bodies on ebay all the time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1923-Ford-Model-T-Fiberglass-Body-without-Floor-t-bucket -/270942839212?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1573a1ac&vxp=mt r

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 09:45 pm:

I have a Poli-form body. It is a "special" with 26-7 front and the morton and brett rear. I bought it used on ebay and it had been used as a movie prop.
The quality was really impressive. Virtually no filling or sanding needed to get it ready to paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 10:12 pm:

Thanks this information is what we needed, i already have the frame and engine and rear end, front axle.

Rick

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration