Not sure if this is for Model T or not. Presto-Lite tanks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Not sure if this is for Model T or not. Presto-Lite tanks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 01:45 pm:

http://cnj.craigslist.org/tls/4145259033.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 04:55 pm:

There is also an "A" tank which is Auto I believe. "B" tanks are a little longer but will work. "MC" is for Motorcycle and is a smaller diameter.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 05:12 pm:

I looked up the sizes in an old accessory catalog back in August:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/380776.html?1376844508

Prestolite Model A = 22" x 7.25"
Prestolite Model B = 20" x 6"
Prestolite Model E = 16" x 6"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 05:21 pm:

Standing: A on left B on right. Although it may be the one on the left is an E according to the above dimensions.
Rich

Just based on what I have been told.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 05:38 pm:

OK. I stand corrected. Above left is the shorter tank and has an E on it. Right is a taller tank and has a B in the serial number. Make sure if you use one on a running board that the valve is offset and towards the top.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 07:31 pm:

The tanks come in two styles. Center valve and off-set valve. The center valves are used upright and the off-set valves are set for horizontal mounting on the running board as on our early 13 Touring shown below.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 08:55 pm:

And this is a Prest-O-Lite compressed air cylinder intended to be able to inflate your tires out on the road. It would be recharged at your local dealer.
a

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration