Slightly OT, Where could I find one of these speedomter tags?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Slightly OT, Where could I find one of these speedomter tags?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace on Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 06:09 pm:

I am in the process of installing a similar Jones speedometer in one of my cars. I think it would be neat to have this tag to mount on the rear of the car? Anyone have one they want to unleash from their stash :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 02:53 pm:

Hi my very good friend Darren,
I have for what you are not looking for,a reproduction Jones speedometer tag in never used condition.No need to waste your time,getting a Western Union pay to me money order(and never see your money or wanted parts again).To save on shipping & scams,take the 2 minutes and drive over to my place,to see the tag,I really do have one.
Scott
I am just having some with my friend Darren,after he sent me one of this type of letters for a brass headlight that I am looking for on the HCCA site.
But in this case, I really have the tag he is looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 09:27 pm:

Scott K,
I laughed all through reading your posting! Sorry to say, you do not write badly enough for most scammers even when you try to.
Good laugh though. Thank you.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 06:39 pm:

Wayne,
Do you need another laugh.Darren showed up at my place driving his 1905 Queen car this afternoon.He wanted to show me his newly installed speedometer.He must have thought that I was scamming him about having the Jones speedometer tag,until I showed it to him.The look on his face was a Kodak moment.
Darren is now the proud owner of the tag.
I guess he though my post was a scam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 07:16 pm:

Scott was getting me back so to speak from an earlier post he had on the HCCA site where I, in my best "African scammer" typing, responded to one of his want-ads for some early Cadillac parts. He got me back good :-) We both had a pretty good laugh.
Today made for a great day when he handed me that Jones tag!!!!!
I'm pleased to report the speedo works great! Weather was nice here to test out the car on the road. I had to machine everything from scratch except for the head and the two road gears which are all period correct and original. Two of the members of this forum helped me find the 1905-6 Jones speedo head and gears. Thanks guys! This was a fun accessory to put together. I machined all the other parts from period and modern photos of Jones speedo parts put on other cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 07:25 pm:

I forgot to mention Scott's son Chris, rode with me today with his cell phone GPS. We were able to determine that my speedometer runs within 1 mph accuracy to the GPS!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 09:38 pm:

Wonderful stuff! Besides, I always love to hear about or see pictures of the Queen.
Good friends are among the best things in life.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration