OT $90 arbor press I got a auction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: OT $90 arbor press I got a auction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mattthew G California on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 01:11 am:

Yesterday I went to an auction and got this;

Until I get it running, I can use it as an arbor press;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 01:42 am:

Well, I won't "drill" for any details.
Neat! Congratulations.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 07:42 am:

That is way cool!
Because I got one like that at an auction Saturday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 11:48 pm:

Matthew,
Don't use a drill press for any heavy arbor press stuff, they are only designed for what it takes to push a drill through a piece of work.
If anyone wants to do some serious arbor press work, I have an Atlas 12 ton, yes you read that right, compound arbor press needing a home. It weighs over 1K lbs. It is U.S. Navy surplus and I doubt could ever be duplicated given that we all use hydraulics now. You could but it for less per pound than cheap carne asada at the local Hispanic market.
Matthew, if you are my Fresno model T friend, please let me know how your engine is working for you.
Fordially, Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 01:36 am:

Erik B,
What do you want for your press? Unless of course Mattthew G wants it since he started this.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration