Old photos, Lizzy gets decorated

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Old photos, Lizzy gets decorated
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, November 15, 2013 - 11:10 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 06:18 am:

Wouldn't it be great if we could all get together here in the States for a Repeal The 19th Amendment Rally and Parade.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 11:16 am:

Hmmm. Interesting. Raising Sun flag and German Cross. Well, maybe the cross wasn't black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 11:23 am:

The sign on the top front of the car says "The Allies", and next to it sits Queen Elizabeth with a Union Jack. I can't tell what flags the other figures are holding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 11:56 am:

I believe this one was taken in Australia as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 12:09 pm:

Japan was an ally against the Germans in the Great War, and I think the cross is probably red, maybe fund-raising for ambulances. The T appears to be RHD and those sidelamps look rather British or European to me. Any idea where the photo came from?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Comollatti - Queensland, Australia on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 04:30 pm:

I think it could be Melbourne, Australia. I tried a couple of searches from the company names on the walls, and come up with the following websites. The second web page has the Collins Street address.

Searched for Han Irvine's Champion Prize Wines.

http://museumvictoria.com.au/collections/themes/2690/hans-william-henry-irvine-v igneron-politician-1856-1922

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1300&dat=19020913&id=w_IQAAAAIBAJ&sjid=d5E DAAAAIBAJ&pg=5990,884205

Thank you for your time
Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 08:50 pm:

The addresses of 79 and 85 Collins St brought up several residential locations outside Brisbane, but nothing commercial in the town of Brisbane.
Maybe it has all gone, but I suspect a different city with RHD vehicles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 08:56 pm:

Ooops....
I got Brisbane mixed up with Melbourne, old age, the mind is the second thing to go...
It seems to be Melbourne, the buildings seem very similar. It is amazing that we can find out all this stuff, the power of the collective brain power of this Forum and the web never cease to amaze me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Norton on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 09:08 pm:

http://museumvictoria.com.au/collections/items/768803/negative-wartime-processio n-in-ballarat-featuring-a-model-t-ford-car-decorated-with-a-red-cross-ballarat-v ictoria-post-1914

Description Of Content:
A wartime procession in Ballarat featuring a Model T Ford car decorated with a red cross. (possibly wartime fund raising?).
Acquisition Information: Copied from J Chisholm, 1985
Acknowledgement: The Biggest Family Album of Australia, Museum Victoria
Discipline: Technology
More information
Primary Classification: MILITARY HISTORY
Secondary Classification: Civilian Life
Tertiary Classification: fundraising
Format: Negative: Black & White; 35 mm
Place & Date Depicted: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia, circa 1915-1918
Creator: Mrs C Chisholm, circa 1915-1918

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration