Rocky Mountain brake question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Rocky Mountain brake question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 01:21 pm:

Is there any difference in the bands for the 1909 to 1925 and the 1926 to 1927 setup? I don's see them in the suppliers catalogs, does anyone sell just the drums for the Rocky's for wood wheels <25?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 01:26 pm:

The 1909 - 25 RM bands are larger diameter, because the RM drums are larger than 26 - 27 drums.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 01:45 pm:

Thanks. And no way to mount a 26-27 drum without loosing the small drum because of the shape of the later drums, darn (or putting a later rear end on). What is the outside diameter of the 26-27 drum so I can confirm what I just got? 11 1/4 inches?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 02:06 pm:

They tell me the mounting is different since the backing plate is different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 10:14 pm:

There are Rocky Mountain Brakes in this club, that most people have, and then there are a few of us that have the real thing, Rocky Mountain Brakes that were made for the T back in the '20s. I prefer the originals, because they work, forward or backwards, and have a whole lot less parts than those complicated un-original rod type brakes that Jack Sunderlin dreamed up, or borrowed from some other application. The brake drums from the originals are even bigger than the reproductions, and use a 3/16 cable and a simple pulley equalizer.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration