Spindle arm part number

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Spindle arm part number
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 02:36 pm:

I need the part number(s) for the earlier spindle arms (to fit a 1915).

I think the newer part numbers are 2696C (right) and 2696D (left).

Are both earlier arms the same? Chaffin's "model T ford front & rear axles" has several misprints so I'm not sure what's what!

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 05:29 pm:

Figured it out, I think, with the help of an excellent previous post, which I'll cite here for anyone else with this problem .....

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/87900.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 05:36 pm:

Parts Books listed:

'11-'15 Part# 2696, Fac. # '270' Left

'11-'15 Part# 2696B, Fac. # '282' Right, w/ hole for speedo bracket.

Most times the forged parts have the Factory # marked in raised numerals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 08:36 pm:

Thanks Dan

BTW do you know if those spindle arms are straight (in the vertical plane) ?

If so, my right spindle arm appears to be bent downward.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration